Do you ever finish a product and have that bittersweet moment of simultaneously being sad but also proud that you used up an entire item? If you are a total makeup lover like me, you totally get it. Now, you are either left without your favorite product and need to restock ASAP, or you are excited because you get to replace it with a new item you’ve been wanting to try. Either way, it always seems to end up in a trip to the beauty counter.
Today, I will be sharing with you the products that I have finished over the past month. Some of these products I have been using longer than others and some I enjoyed more than others. Continue reading to see what products were hits, which were misses and what I’m looking forward to purchasing in the future.
- Mac Prep + Prime Fix + : I’ve been using this product for years, and continue to repurchase it over and over. I use this both before and after I apply my makeup. It is especially great to combat the dreaded “cake face” dilemma. If you’re face is looking a little too matte or heavy with powder, give this product a nice even spray and voila, problem solved!
- Wet Brush Paddle : In a previous post I shared my love for the Lil Wet Brush for travel, but I also keep a full size version at home to use daily on both my wet and dry hair. It is so good at gently detangling my hair, I could not imagine my hair care routine without it. Sadly, this poor brush had seen it’s day (so much so I wasn’t event about to show the whole brush in the photo-gross!) and it was time for a replacement. This time I chose the original brush in a fun neon pink and yellow design.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Volume Building Waterproof Mascara : This mascara is true to it’s name. It is great for adding volume to your lashes. It has more of a traditional straight wand and is easy to apply. However, despite being waterproof I always had trouble with smudging throughout the day. I most likely give this product another go sometime in the future, but first I’m try out the new Rimmel Wonder’Lash Volume Colourist in Extreme Black.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara : I mentioned this mascara in my top drugstore products several weeks ago and since then I have polished the entire tube off. I believe this mascara is now discontinued, but still available from a few online retailers. I really enjoyed the wand on this mascara, especially for the lower lash line, but over time the formula began to dry up and become hard to work with.
- RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream: This wrinkle cream is an essential step in my night time skincare routine. I am luck to not be too concerned with wrinkles yet, but when I use this product consistently I really notice a difference in the appearance of my skin. It helps diminish the texture I have on my cheeks. It can be a little harsh for people with sensitive skin, so as always, follow the directions carefully.
- beautyblender-the original : I think the photo speaks for itself-I have used and used (and washed and washed) this beautyblender into retirement. This sponge is perfect for flawlessly blending out foundation and concealer. I love that when I travel I can bring it along and it takes the place of two or three separate brushes. I have purchased several of these in the past and will probably grab another on my next trip to Sephora, but in the meantime I am trying out the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge.
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Concealer : When I purchased this concealer I had high hopes (as I do with all my concealer purchases) that it would magically make my dark under-eye circles vanish and leave me with a perfectly highlighted face. Like I said, high hopes. While I wouldn’t say this completely got the job done, I would say it ranks up there with some of the higher coverage concealers I have used in the past. Make Up For Ever always has a great color range for fair skin, and this concealer was no exception. Alas, my search for the perfect coverage continues.
- Up & Up Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes-Evening Calm : These wipes were your basic makeup remover wipes, I use them as my first step in my night time skincare routine to remove a majority of my makeup before following up with a cleanser. I didn’t notice any stinging or redness after use, so a major plus!
- NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien: This pencil was a sample size that I received from Sephora on my birthday for being a part of the VIB program. I loved the pencil so much after a few wears I purchased the full-size and used this pencil for my travel bag.
- Lancome CILS BOOSTER XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base: Another sample size, this was a 100 point reward from Sephora. I’ve never really been behind lash primers, hey seem a little gimmicky to me however let me tell you-this one has me changing my mind. It really does help create longer, fuller lashes. But, what I really enjoy about this primer is that it prolongs the longevity of my mascara. When I use this as base, I notice less smudging and easier removal at the end of the day!
So, what are your thoughts? Do you get excited when you finish a product? I pretty much applaud myself whenever I finish an entire chapstick before I’ve had the chance to lose it. Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for reading!